For basic information on the patent process, especially that of the United States, we welcome you to the Patent FAQ: the original FAQ on the subject of Patents published on a private site on the Web
- Disclaimers and warnings
- The Inventor's First Steps to Protecting His Invention
- What is a U.S. Patent?
- What is a Patentable Invention?
- Is a Patent Necessary?
- The Patent Process
- Patent Practitioners: Attorneys and Agents
Click here to be sure your US patent attorney is licensed
- What are the Inventor's Chances of Obtaining Patent Protection?
- Patent Fees and Costs
- How Long does it take to get a Patent?
- Invention Promotion Organizations
- Defensive Driving for the Inventor
- Minimizing Legal Costs
- Where to get More Information
U.S. Patent FAQs in German
U.S. Patent FAQs in French
If you have further questions, "ask Dr. Patentstein"
If you're a serious net user, download the The PATENTSTEIN Browser, and take a dynamic online tour of Patent Information. It could change the way you search the web.